Elder Patriot – Attorney General Jeff Sessions yesterday reiterated the promise he made on Fox News’ “Sunday Morning Futures” that the Justice Department would be investigating the FBI for abuses of power committed by the agency under the Obama administration.
“Let me tell you, every FISA warrant based on facts submitted to that court has to be accurate.
“That will be investigated and looked at, and we are not going to participate at the Department of Justice in providing anything less than the proper disclosure to the court before they issue a FISA warrant.”
The investigation will initially focus on the manner and evidence that the Obama administration used to obtain warrants under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to spy on members of the Trump campaign.
Sessions’ decision was, at least in part, a response to a criminal referral Senators Charles Grassley and Lindsey Graham sent to the Department of Justice on January 4, 2018 outlining potential violations of 18 U.S. Code § 1001.
The statements of facts listed in the new memo corroborate expand on those in the Nunes memo and, coupled with the 18 U.S. Code § 1001 referral, would indicate that Steele is not the lone prize Grassley and Graham are targeting. Not even close.
Keeping in mind Sessions’ announcement last November that he had directed prosecutors to “evaluate certain issues” involving Uranium One and the Clinton Foundation there is ample evidence that the Obama administration is finally coming under the scrutiny that it deserves.
For those who have been victims of the Obama administration’s lawless disregard of the Constitutional restraints put on government as Obama sought unbridled power and control, this moment is especially sweet.
Right up until this week Obama has continued pitching his snake oil to us, telling an audience at MIT “We didn’t have a scandal that embarrassed us.”
That, of course, was the result of an FBI and a Justice Department that came under the jack-booted but sweet-talking, snake oil selling president with the charming smile.
Here are just a few scandals list by Breitbart just before Obama left office in January of 2017 that would’ve ended the presidency of any Republican president:
- The great stimulus heist that left Americans footing the bill for was an army of government jobs, and a lavish network of slush funds for the Democratic Party and its union allies.
- Operation Fast and Furious that used American gun dealers and straw purchasers to arm Mexican drug lords, and that resulted in a huge body count including prominently including Border Patrol Agents.
- Eric Holder was the first sitting member of a president’s cabinet in the history of the United States to be held in contempt of Congress.
- ObamaCare is a scam, pure and simple – sold on false pretenses by people who knew it wasn’t going to work the way they promised. It doesn’t feel right to dismiss it as a “failed” scheme when so much of the failure was intentional.
- Multiple occasions where his administration was caught spying on journalists
- The selective targeting of conservative groups by a politicized Internal Revenue Service
- Hillary Clinton’s use of an illegal server in violation of the Espionage Act and that Obama had full knowledge of and participated in.
- The NSA spying scandal that focused more on intelligence gathering on Americans than foreign enemies.
- Building Iran into a nuclear power and funding that development
- Shutting down the investigation into Hezbollah’s billion dollar per year drug operation in the United States
- The sale of 20% of Uranium One to Russia that can be viewed as nothing other that selling out vital American national security interests.
Incredibly, this is only a partial list. As indicated above, the mild mannered Attorney General should not be underestimated. The FISA investigation is just the tip of the iceberg.