Elder Patriot – Judicial Watch has obtained internal IRS documents revealing that Arizona Senator:
“John McCain’s former staff director and chief counsel on the Senate Homeland Security Permanent Subcommittee, Henry Kerner, urged top IRS officials, including then-director of exempt organizations Lois Lerner, to “audit so many that it becomes financially ruinous.”
“Lerner and other IRS officials met with select top staffers from the Senate Governmental Affairs Committee in a “marathon” meeting to discuss concerns raised by both Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI) and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) that the IRS was not reining in political advocacy groups in response to the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision. Senator McCain had been the chief sponsor of the McCain-Feingold Act and called the Citizens United decision, which overturned portions of the Act, one of the ‘worst decisions I have ever seen.’”
So the Supreme Court ruled against the constitutionality of a law that McCain helped write and he responds by ignoring that ruling and targeting conservative groups – only! All part of protecting Washington’s Globalist OneParty (WGO).
McCain was instrumental in forging the Senate’s 60-vote filibuster rule that makes passing legislation along party lines virtually impossible. As long as Democrats vote in a bloc (they always do) the 60-votes necessary to bring any piece of legislation to the floor for an up or down vote forms the basis for (WGO) as the dominant political entity – with Democrats in control. That’s just fine with McCain.
Personal animus aside, McCain’s opposition to President Trump is solidly based in policy. McCain is a big-government globalist and Trump’s return to nationalism is an existential threat to McCain’s life’s work:
McCain-Feingold wasn’t the only legislative initiative to stifle his opponents’ free speech rights.
The Arizona senator was a strident supporter of the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act that established funding for a Global Engagement Center that would serve his globalist ambitions as a ministry of truth.
Sec. 1287. Global Engagement Center
- Establishment –
(1) In general –
Not later than 180 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of State, in coordination with the Secretary of Defense and the heads of other relevant Federal departments and agencies, shall establish within the Department of State a Global Engagement Center (in this section referred to as the “Center”).
(2) Purpose –
The purpose of the Center shall be to lead, synchronize, and coordinate efforts of the Federal Government to recognize, understand, expose, and counter foreign state and non-state propaganda and disinformation efforts aimed at undermining United States national security interests
(b) Functions –
The Center shall carry out the following functions:
(1) Integrate interagency and international efforts to track and evaluate counterfactual narratives abroad that threaten the national security interests of the United States and United States allies and partner nations.
(2) Analyze relevant information, data, analysis, and analytics from United States Government agencies, United States allies and partner nations, think tanks, academic institutions, civil society groups, and other non governmental organizations.
(3) As needed, support the development and dissemination of fact-based narratives and analysis to counter propaganda and disinformation directed at the United States and United States allies and partner nations.
(4) Identify current and emerging trends in foreign propaganda and disinformation in order to coordinate and shape the development of tactics, techniques, and procedures to expose and refute foreign misinformation and disinformation and proactively promote fact-based narratives and policies to audiences outside the United States.
(5) Facilitate the use of a wide range of technologies and techniques by sharing expertise among Federal departments and agencies, seeking expertise from external sources, and implementing best practices.
(6) Identify gaps in United States capabilities in areas relevant to the purpose of the Center and recommend necessary enhancements or changes.
The bill was passed by a lame-duck congress and signed into law by President Hussein shortly after Hussein had met with Mark Zuckerberg in Peru in November of 2016 to warn him that fake news on his platform had altered the outcome of the presidential election. That meeting took place only ten days after the election of Donald Trump.
Nineteen months later it’s hard to see how those who used Facebook to espouse for the election of Donald Trump were peddling fake news or fake promises. Taken in context of history, Obama, with the help of fellow globalist John McCain, was laying the foundation to prevent any future non-globalist candidates from prevailing.
McCain was also the deciding vote that preserved Obamacare from extinction. Of course. Despite years of rhetoric against Obamacare, members of WGO protect it from repeal because it bestows control over one-sixth of the economy on corrupt politicians. That provides a massive financial opportunity for those politicians who get to anoint the winners of our government’s largesse.
McCain also delivered Christopher Steele’s phony Russian dossier to the FBI.
We could go on and on. The evidence is overwhelming that John McCain is, and always has been, a member of WGO. By itself that is a political position that the good people of Arizona apparently decided to embrace.
It’s McCain’s nefarious side, his willingness to do whatever it takes to prop up his personal policy positions that casts shade on him. Lying to his constituents, burying funding mechanisms in an unconstitutional effort to stifle contrarian speech hundreds of pages into proposed bills, and weaponizing government agencies (IRS, DOJ, FBI, CIA) against his enemies puts him in the company of tyrants not statesmen.