EP – On Thursday, seven far-left media outlets, CNN, the Washington Post, BuzzFeed, Politico, the New York Times, NBC, and the AP sued for the release of the names and home addresses of all of the jurors in the Paul Manafort trial, a move that is disturbing in light of these media outlets recent behavior.
Normally the accessibility to jurors by the media can play an important role in making certain that justice was served during deliberations. However we are not living in normal times.
Over the past two years, the media has been fully weaponized against Donald Trump employing such virulent attacks that they can only be interpreted to mean they’ll do anything to have President Trump removed from office.
They have turned a blind eye, and even sanctioned the violence of Black Lives Matter, Antifa, and others.
They have reported as absolute truth one incriminating lie after another about President Trump – he’s colluding with Russians, he’s Putin’s puppet, he’s on the outs with Melania, his kids don’t like him, he’s a misogynist, he’s a racist, he’s a tyrannical dictator, he’s a homophobe, he’s a… fill in the blank.
In 18 short months as president, Trump has the economy booming, he’s reset our foreign policy, and he has removed the barriers that kept Americans from having work.
These barriers include resetting gawd-awful trade deals and restricting the flow of alien workers who enter the country illegally. Unemployment among all demographics is at record low levels.
So who could possibly want Trump gone? That is, who other than the the Globalist cabal and their Deep State support team that is losing its grip on trillions of dollars.
The cabal and the Deep State operate as a criminal syndicate. And the media serves at their command.
That is why this request for jurors’ contact information is so troubling. Manafort is key to buying special counsel Robert Mueller more time as he desperately searches for something to pin on Trump.
If the jury acquits Manafort, Mueller’s already weakened credibility will be in tatters and any hope the globalist cabal, the Deep State, and the media have of removing Trump from office will be all but gone.
Legitimate concern about the motives of the media attach especially to CNN. Breitbart highlighted a number of shocking actions CNN has taken against Trump and Trump’s supporters that have blurred the line between reporting and criminal retribution:
- After President Trump tweeted out a short video (or GIF) mocking CNN last July, the last-place cable channel launched a jihad against the GIF’s creator with the public threat to dox (expose this person’s personal information to online mobs) if he is ever again caught criticizing the network.
- In February, CNN sent one of its reporters and a TV crew to dox and humiliate an elderly Trump supporter who might have unwittingly promoted a post-election event “coordinated by the Russians.” It worked. Afterwards, she was abused and threatened online.
- In 2013, CNN led the mob in a campaign to destroy the career of a local rodeo clown who performed while wearing an Obama mask. During the previous administration, this same rodeo clown had performed in a George W. Bush mask.
CNN had already taken aggressive action to destroy someone else to advance a narrative in the past, George Zimmerman.
- Also in 2013, CNN broadcast the social security number of George Zimmerman, the Hispanic man who shot Trayvon Martin in self-defense.
- CNN’s overall behavior during the Zimmerman case (he was acquitted) revealed the network’s desperation for a conviction in that case. Among other things, CNN fabricated evidence against Zimmerman, falsely described the Hispanic man as “white,” and spread the fake news that Zimmerman was motivated by racial prejudice, though the evidence showed the exact opposite.
But most disturbing was CNN’s rationale this week to legitimize violence against Trump supporters.
Chris Cuomo announced Monday night that CNN will not condemn but instead justify political violence against anyone it defines as “bigots” — which, according to the network’s editorial tone over the past two years, signals open season on all Trump supporters for violent activists like Antifa and the Black Bloc.
Has CNN jumped the line from reporting to running an intimidation racket for a criminal enterprise? Have the other “news” outlets done the same?
Why was the request for the jury’s contact information made while deliberations are still in progress? The jurors are not sequestered nor are they protected by the marshals service.
Monica Showalter writing in the American Thinker notes:
Less than a week after making a stink about freedom of the press, President Trump and ‘enemies of the people, CNN and apparently other news outlets have decided to get into the harassment business given that reporting news is just not good enough for them.
…CNN and all its cartel press buddies [are] seeking to doxx the Manafort jury and get their names and addresses right out there for everyone on Twitter to see.
Including antifa. Including the Bernie bros. Including the Revolutionary Communist Party, which is responsible for a lot of the violence at riots. Including the leftists who threw Sarah Sanders out of that restaurant. Including the Justice department charmer who led the scream-down at Homeland Security secretary Kirstjen Nielsen at a restaurant where she was trying to eat. Including the rabid leftists who beat up the Trump supporters in San Jose as the cops stood by and did nothing.
This is not journalism’s finest hour. CNN appears to be running muscle for a criminal syndicate. By joining in the lawsuit, the Washington Post, BuzzFeed, Politico, the New York Times, NBC, and the AP have made themselves co-conspirators.
U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis who is presiding over this case has already been threatened a number of times since the case started. He is under the protection of the U.S. Marshals Service. Thankfully, he denied the media’s request.