It has been reported that the United States military is preparing to send 5,000 troops to the southern border of the country as a defense tactic against the caravan carrying thousands of migrants. The mission has been named “Operation Faithful Patriot.” Last week, it had been reported that President Trump was getting ready to send 800 troops. That number has clearly climbed since then.
The Wall Street Journal has reported that 1,800 troops will be sent to Texas. 1,700 of the assigned troops will be placed in Arizona, leaving 1,500 to be stationed in California.
As reported by The Wall Street Journal:
The U.S. military plans to deploy 5,000 troops to the southwest U.S. border in anticipation of a caravan of would-be asylum seekers and migrants currently moving northward in Mexico, U.S. officials said Monday.
The new figure is a major increase from initial estimates of 800 troops and would represent a military force equal to about one-third the number of customs officials currently working at the border. The military sent about 2,000 National Guard troops to the area earlier this year.
The U.S. and federal law-enforcement officials said troops are likely to be deployed to ports of entry, at least in initial phases of the U.S. military mission, which the Pentagon has named Operation Faithful Patriot.
On Monday morning, President Donald Trump tweeted yet another warning against the caravan. He told the group to “go back,” as they will not be accepted into the country.
The President wrote, “Many Gang Members and some very bad people are mixed into the Caravan heading to our Southern Border. Please go back, you will not be admitted into the United States unless you go through the legal process. This is an invasion of our Country and our Military is waiting for you!”
Many Gang Members and some very bad people are mixed into the Caravan heading to our Southern Border. Please go back, you will not be admitted into the United States unless you go through the legal process. This is an invasion of our Country and our Military is waiting for you!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 29, 2018
It was just last week that it was confirmed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that there were gang members and migrants with dangerous criminal backgrounds traveling with the group.
The Department of Homeland Security also mentioned Judicial Watch’s report which said that migrants from the Middle East, Africa, and Bangladesh had joined the group of thousands, heading right toward the United States.
What’s even worse is that Guatemalan authorities were forced to save multiple unaccompanied minors after they found that smugglers were attempted to traffic them.
This caravan must be stopped at all costs before it enters the United States. We have no idea who is traveling with this group, and we can’t put the lives of innocent Americans on the line.